1.8

I purchased the Jawbone UP3 fitness tracker in April of 2016 and had a great experience with it for five months.Great app.

Did everything as promised. Then in early September I started to notice that the band was cracking. I contacted Customer Service and they sent a replacement band within ten days. Outstanding; except that the band was probably a refurbished one and it was Dead On Arrival, so I never got to use it.

I contacted Customer Service on September 30 and they were very nice and helpful and promised to send another replacement band, but that there was some shortage of inventory and that it might be 3-4 weeks until the band arrived. That's when the nightmare began. Since then (twelve weeks ago) I have sent several emails and attempted to call their phone line to establish what is happening, but there has been no progress. Each email is met with an automatically generated reply (sometimes even with a newly-assigned case number) and a promise that a Customer Service agent will look into it and get back with me.

While awaiting the arrival of the next band I continued to wear my original broken band, mended by some duct tape. Over time, though, another section of the band cracked and broke away and I taped that back together. Now the band has finally cracked and broken in a third location and is completely unusable. I think I've gone as far as I can with the duct tape repairs.

A search on Google today tells me that the company has had financial troubles, hasn't been manufacturing new products, and has no inventory in their warehouse. No wonder I and many others haven't received our replacement bands as promised.

I would not recommend that anyone invest any money in a Jawbone fitness tracker.Even though it works great when it works, the chances are high that you won't get to enjoy it for very long.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "replacement under warranty with functioning product" as the author lost $100. The author is overall dissatisfied with Jawbone and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about jawbone up3 fitness tracker from Jawbone was its durability, time to receive a warranty replacement and lack of response from customer support , but reviewer liked product and its app. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Fitbit that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Jawbone.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Gadgets and Accessories category for more informed decision or compare Jawbone to other companies on our site.

Comments

Muncie, Indiana, United States #1265846

I'm the original poster.Rather than wait for Jawbone to respond, I decided to buy another Up3 on eBay.

There are many available, brand new, and generally around $20 (which is one-fifth the MSRP of $99). It arrived in perfect condition in 3 days. I really like the app, and I'm willing to continue buying the bands at a cheap price if they do break again.

I'm speculating - based on news articles - that Jawbone had to unload their inventory to a third-party reseller in order to get cash to pay their debts.

In turn, the liquidators have made the bands available on the cheap to other resellers. I think this is the way to go.

In the meantime, if Jawbone should actually send me a replacement for my warranted, original band, I'll gladly take that for future use.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1265818

I have had the same experience. Was promised a new band in an 10/9/16 email and have nothing. They no longer answer my emails, not even auto reply and their customer service phone is "unavailable." No more Jawbone products for me!